Friday, July 15, 2011

GOLDEN PAPERCLIP TRADE #7!



Put it in the Books- Golden Paperclip Trade #7 Goes Down in El Dorado Springs!






Okay, I am going to have to forgo the video for now, my computer has changed since the last time I did a trade video (that is how long it has been and how much we have enjoyed the boat. Also what a slacker I am about doing these trades) and I can't figure out how to get it together. I am just going to go with the pictures for now. Golden Paperclip Trade #7 went down in El Dorado Springs, MO and the trade was the boat for a classic car- 1954 Oldsmobile Super 88 Rocket! Pretty excited to have the car- need to clean it up a bit but Bob the trader put a bunch of parts in the trunk so I can put some of it together myself. Bob was a cool guy and thanks to my brother Lyall for driving down to El Dorado Springs with me and helping me get the car back. A good time and a good trade. Bob even had me sign the boat! Check out pictures from the trade:




Driving Down to El Dorado Springs with my brother Lyall (We only got lost twice. Okay, mostly I got lost!)




Trade #7- Boat for Classic Car: 1954 Oldsmobile Super 88 Rocket!







Bob "Mr. Bojangles" was the cool guy I traded with. He even had me sign the boat before I left!




I had him sign my lucky trading shirt!




We hauled off the Super Rocket and headed back to Kansas City. My brother was driving a little too fast- 90 mph and the headlight cover flew off! Unfortunately we never found it. Everything else on the trade went off without a hitch though.


Goodbye Boat- I had a lot of fun with the ski boat, great times with the family. She is in a better place now though (with chickens!).





There it is! Golden Paperclip Trade #7- Boat for Classic Car! Onward and Upward!










1 comment:

Curt said...

Great Job!!! I can only hope that my adventure ends even close to yours...although a house like Kyle's would be pretty sweet. Only thing with my journey is...I'll be selling my final items and giving each of my traders an earned percentage in The Penny Race @ http://penniestoadream.blogspot.com

Good luck with your trades and I can't wait to see what you get next. L8R