Saturday, August 30, 2008

Its Official: Golden Paperclip Traded for Canoe



At 9am today, Saturday August 30th, 2008, the first trade took place in the golden paperclip experiment. It is official, Donald Trump's Golden Paperclip goes to Doug in Columbia. In exchange, Doug trades his family's giant 16foot skinny canoe! One golden paperclip for one canoe. Its official. Doug saw my ad on Craigslist and said he must have the paperclip to give to his friend as a gift. Apparently his friend is a big Donald Trump fan and he was looking for a unique, one of a kind gift to give him. Well this is one of a kind alright! That means item #2 is now on the clock. I will trade the canoe in September so get your offers in now to jason@goldenpaperclip.com or you can text them to 816-918-7118. I am working my way up to an SUV and am well on my way thanks to Doug. Be sure to comment below to let me know what you think about the trade and what I should try to get next. I am off to canoe the rivers of Missouri!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A CANOE!!! I knew I should have gotten you that goat. I can't believe it. Now I have to pack that fax machine back up in a box and stuff it back up in the closet. :) Just think of all the fun you would have had with your very own fax machine and candy. I'll let you break it to your wife about not getting the shih tzu too! HA HA! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a good trade, congatulations! Next trade should be fun to see.

Anonymous said...

I would have gone with the unicycle, that was more unique.

Becky Bond said...

Nice choice with the canoe. I want to know who anonymous is. They write some funny stuff.